🙋♀️ Welcome to Baby Sensory Beckenham & West Wickham ☀️
🔐 Lockdown 2.0 🔐
We are pleased to confirm that venue based classes will continue to run in West Wickham during Lockdown*
For everyone’s safety and peace of mind our measures include:
💚 Allocated seating area; one floor mat per parent/carer and baby.
💛 Exploratory Play Area removed in place of a larger Sensory Area.
💚 Face coverings to be worn by all adults, unless exempt.
💛 Only one parent/carer to attend with each baby.
💚 Individual props basket for your personal use throughout the class. These are then replenished, cleaned and sanitised or replaced between sessions.
💛 Staggered class times to prevent any cross over of parents arriving/leaving venues.
💚 More time between sessions to allow for thorough sanitising of all props, floors and surfaces.
💛 Hand washing facilities and hand sanitising stations in each venue.
💚 NHS track and trace system in place.
💛 Strict wellness policy of all staff and parents/carers attending.
😷 A face covering must be worn at all times whilst visiting The Assembly Halls 😷
Please review our updated terms and conditions before booking your space.
If your preferred class is full please join the waiting list and we will notify you if/when a space becomes available. However we do recommend booking another time so you don't miss out.
To keep you supported and occupied during Lockdown, we have an amazing timetable of activities @Home. Our weekly subscription gives you weekday access to live, interactive and engaging Baby Sensory and Toddler Sense classes via Zoom. Along with detailed props list, ‘How To’ videos and session recordings.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com
*Click here for full legislation.
The main points most relevant to our sector are: (accurate as of 12 Noon November 6 2020).
Note: ‘P’ refers to ‘Person’
Part 2: Section 6: Exception 5: Support and respite
- Exception 5: Support and respite
(7) Exception 5 is that it is reasonably necessary for P to leave or be outside P’s home - (a) to attend a meeting of a support group which is permitted to meet under regulation 11(6);
Part 3: Section 11: Exceptions in relation to gatherings
- Exception 5: support groups
(6) Exception 5 is that— (a) the gathering - (i) is of a support group, (ii) consists of no more than 15 persons, and (iii) takes place at premises other than a private dwelling
(7) In determining whether the limit in paragraph (6)(a)(ii) is complied with, no account is to be taken of any child who is below the age of five.
(8) For the purposes of paragraph (6),“support group” means a group or one to one support which is organised by a business… or any other form of support to its members or those who attend its meetings, for example those providing support— (c) to new parents;
Part 4: Requirement to close premises and businesses
- Section 16: Requirement to close premises and businesses
16. (1) A person responsible for carrying on a restricted business, or providing a restricted service, must cease to carry on that business or provide that service…
(3) The requirement in paragraph (1)— (b)is subject to the exceptions in regulation 17(6) and (8). (4) In this regulation “restricted business” and “restricted service” means a business or service which— (a) is of a kind specified in Part 2 of the Schedule, or (b) is carried on from, or provided at, premises of a kind specified in Part 2 of the Schedule.
(6) Regulation 16(1) does not prevent the use of— (f) indoor gyms, fitness studios, indoor sports facilities and other indoor leisure centres for supervised activities for children;
- Section 18: Further restrictions and closures
(9) A person who is responsible for a community centre or hall must ensure that the community centre or hall is closed except where it is used— (b) for the purposes of education or training, (c) for the purposes of support groups, or (d) for the purposes of— (i) childcare provided by a person registered under Part 3 of the Childcare Act 2006, or (ii) supervised activities for children.