Baby Foundations - Prenatal and Postnatal Classes
Helping you to prepare for the birth of your baby and life beyond.
Having a baby is an incredibly exciting and special time, but it can also be anxious, scary and overwhelming too. You will have lots to think about from what to put on your birth plan to what to buy for your baby. So where do you start? Baby Foundations will support you from the moment of confirmed pregnancy to the birth of your baby and up to 3 months new.
We present the most recent research evidence, top tips, practical approaches, techniques, and information about your pregnancy and your baby, services, products, equipment and alternatives so that you can make an informed choice about what works best for you and your baby.
Baby Foundations is based on the recommendations the World Health Organization and The Baby Friendly Initiative - and approved by healthcare professionals.
About the programme
As soon as you hold your beautiful baby in your arms, a whole new world of learning begins for you and your baby. You may have questions such as: How often do I feed my baby? How much sleep does my baby need? Why does my baby cry? Why has my baby lost weight? The list goes on, but we can answer these questions, put your mind at rest, and give you support and confidence in your parenting abilities.
Watch our video to find out more about what our classes entail: https://blab.im/fyi-families-baby-foundations-with-imogen-2>
About the founder
Dr Lin Day (PhD, M.Phil, PGCE, BSc, Dip Ed, SRN), is one of the UK’s leading parenting experts, a renowned author within the field of childcare and education, and the founder of the award-winning national and international programmes Baby Sensory and Toddler Sense. Lin designed Baby Foundations to address questions raised by parents over the years and to share some of the remarkable research that can make a real difference to their lives.
Lin is extremely passionate about babies and wants to share her experiences and expertise with you as parents.
“I believe that Baby Foundations should be a soft warm, inviting place, where parents feel at ease and take home positive, purposeful information that can make a real difference to their lives.” Dr Lin Day.
What does Baby Foundations offer?
About our courses
You will discover a wealth of non-biased information, top tips and techniques, which may save the day when you are struggling to work out what is best for your baby. You will also have the opportunity to explore and handle equipment, discuss concerns, ask questions, and share experiences with other parents on your journey through pregnancy and after the birth.
How we can help:
Happy Baby - Prenatal and postnatal course
We have all the latest research at hand to guide you through the early days and make parenting the most fabulous experience you will ever have!
- Why babies cry: It can be hard to work out why your baby cries, but we explain why and show you the most effective comfort techniques.
- Wind and reflux: Symptoms are often confused with colic, but we look at important differences and provide simple solutions and techniques that really do work.
- Living with colic: Life with a colicky baby can be tough and have serious implications on the health of the mother, and the well-being of the family. Knowing why it occurs and how to deal with the symptoms can make all the difference.
- Calmer baby: 2 vital sessions, which cover everything you need to know about calming your baby and restoring balance.
- Postnatal brain development: An incredible look at your baby’s development and why it is so important to provide loving attention and stimulation from the very beginning.
Healthy Baby - Prenatal and postnatal course
Whether you are expecting a baby or have given birth, we can help you make every moment with your baby count.
- Getting to know your baby: We explore the amazing abilities of your newborn baby and the riches that parenting has to offer.
- Baby basics: When faced with a wealth of products, we show you which ones work best. We also provide common sense tips about caring for your baby.
- The bottom line: We share fascinating facts about nappies and bottoms to help you give your baby the best and safest start in life.
- Baby sleep: We explore triggers and factors that can contribute to a restful night’s sleep for both you and your baby.
- Allergies, infections and immunisation: Your baby is exposed to thousands of organisms and allergens, but knowing which ones are harmful can be tricky. We provide life-saving guidance.
- Baby play, toys and stimulation: We introduce a wealth of simple play activities that you can enjoy with your baby- with and without toys- as well as loads of useful ideas to help you lead learning and development forwards.
Growing Baby - Prenatal (from moment of confirmed pregnancy) Course
Pregnancy is one of the most incredible journeys you and your baby will ever take from conception to birth. We can’t wait to share the miracle of life with you!
- Placenta and Umbilical Cord Preservation: We provide invaluable information about placenta preservation, banking stem cells, your birth plan, the hazards of Group B Strep, and so much more.
- Healthy mother, healthy baby: covers fresh ground: Covers fresh territory in the health of the mother and the baby from morning sickness, and pregnancy changes to post birth recovery and well-being.
- Prenatal development, stimulation and bonding: We explore the miraculous development of your baby’s brain and senses and what you can do to stimulate and bond with your unborn baby.
- Skull development, misalignment and positioning: Compression of your baby’s skull during childbirth may go unnoticed, but we show you what to look out for and what treatments are available.
- Newborn screening tests: We look closely at newborn screening tests, so that you feel reassured, in control, and fully informed during each process.
- Breast, bottle or both: Did you know that 85% of new mothers plan to breastfeed, but only 32% actually do so for numerous reasons? We provide extensive information to support breastfeeding, but we also know that bottle feeding mums need help too. And we provide helplines!
Booking a course/registration
When you book a course, you will receive a beautiful Welcome Pack through the post. Products included within the pack have been carefully selected to enhance bonding, stimulation and early care for you and your baby.
When you attend your first session, you will be provided with a unique Baby Foundations folder. At the end of each class, you will be provided with literature that covers the main points of the session. The library of information may just help you get through difficult or testing times! We also provide refreshments.
In addition, we offer a unique CD containing womb music sounds and beautiful lullabies to soothe and calm your baby.
Sessions may run during the day, in the evenings or at weekends to allow both parents to join without the need to take time off work!
Our prices are £110 for each 6-week course.
Each course involves group-based sessions. However, if you would like a private class for just you and your partner or for you and a couple of friends, then please contact your local Practitioner for details.
Who runs the classes?
Baby Foundations is committed to providing excellence of service and care, which sets the scene for everything that follows. Our fully trained, experienced Practitioners are passionate about teaching and keen to make your Baby Foundations journey interesting, meaningful, enjoyable and memorable. To keep on top of leading research, our Practitioners regularly attend training courses to build on their continued professional development.
Rated 5 star: “Great course. Both me and my partner attended this course and found that we left each class feeling more informed and prepared for parenthood. It really helped our anxieties about what's to come. Would highly recommend and think its great value for money too!” Katie Westwood
Rated 5 star:“A brilliant course. I found out so much information I had no idea about and it answered questions that I didn't even know I was worrying about. I think the best thing I can say about it is I was sad when it was over!” Louise Angell
Rated 5 star: “Fantastic course. I went when I was heavily pregnant (35/40) with my first baby when things were just starting to get real in my mind! The information I learnt calmed my anxieties about labour, breastfeeding and the very early days of motherhood. My husband attended the classes when work allowed and found them valuable. We both enjoyed chatting to the other expecting parents and getting involved in the group activities. I would definitely recommend.” Lizzie Carter
Rated 5 star: “Fantastic course, I learnt a lot about pregnancy and birth that I did not know about. I highly recommend the course.” Lottie Anne Cuthbert
Rated 5 star: “Me and my husband attended the first of Imogen's Winchester courses. We thought it was excellent, very informative, great value for money, and gave us a great base from which to begin our journey into the baffling world of parent-hood! Imogen is so knowledgeable and her passion for all things 'baby' really comes across. We would recommend the courses to anyone looking to learn more about their pregnancy, baby and build their confidence prior to birth” Emma Street
Have you attended a Baby Foundations course? We'd love to know your thoughts! Just e-mail email@example.com
Baby Foundations Career Opportunities
Want to be your own boss? Do you want a flexible job that enables you to spend time with your family? Baby Foundations may be just what you are looking for! If you are interested in joining the team, follow this link to find out more: http://www.babysensory.com/en/runaclass or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at the other programmes brought to you from Baby Sensory...